What is it? Tool collection training day
Free training day to develop curatorial skills
4 March 2013, 10am-4pm
This free training day is for anyone who would like to improve their skills in identifying the different types of tools that may lurk in their social history collections.
By the end of the day you will have:
• Improved your understanding of the range and variety of tools associated with common English trades
• Learnt how to go about identifying a mystery tool from first principles
• Considered the range of ways in which tools might be interpreted
• Compared and contrasted a range of tools relating to coopers and coachbuilders
• Obtained useful sources of support for further research and study.
The ‘What is it?’ day is one of a series of three training days funded by Arts Council England in order to improve curatorial skills. The day is completely free, including refreshments. Lunch is not included.
A limited number of travel bursaries are available. To apply for a travel bursary, email Michelle Lees on Michelle.Lees@NationalMediaMuseum.org.uk with a precise costing and the reason why you require a bursary in order to attend. Bursaries will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, so book your place quick.
To book a place, register on line at: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5409776788
If you have any other enquiries about this day, please email Zelda Baveystock, SHCG Project Support Officer: email@example.com