Tuesday 26th February 2019, 10:00am– 5:00pm
Exeter Community Centre.
Creating new exhibitions and refreshing displays in your museum is essential not only to maintain existing audiences, but also to attract new visitors to your museum. But how can you create an engaging exhibition which doesn’t use your entire exhibition budget in one go?
This study day will help to provide you with inspiration, top tips, practical support and advice to be able to produce great exhibitions for under £1,000 without compromising on accessibility or the care of your objects that engage audiences.
Who should attend this event?
- If you have previous experience in creating exhibitions or displays in a museum of heritage environment but are looking for top tips and support in how to do one on a smaller budget
- If you have previously created exhibitions on a budget but want to make sure the exhibition and display materials you use are following collections care best practice.
- You want to make sure your exhibitions are accessible to all, but are unsure how to do that on a budget
This session is not designed for those who are seeking training in the principles of creating an exhibition and/or exhibition interpretation.
What will you learn?
- How to create an exhibition budget
- Creating sustainable exhibitions; protecting the environment and your budget
- Low cost ways to make your exhibitions accessible to support broader audience engagement
- How to keep your objects safe whilst on display
This event is in partnership between South West Museum Development (SWMD) and the Social History Curators Group (SHCG) (the Subject Specialist Network which champions social history in museums).
For more information: Download the information sheet below and click here for full details and to book.
NOW FULLY BOOKEDDownload Study_day_exhibitions_on_a_budget_outline_final_1.doc...