SHCG Conference 2010: Save the Date!
You will soon be able to book your place for the SHCG Conference 2010. This year’s theme is ‘More for Less: Big Impacts with Small Resources’ and the exciting programme includes:
· Almut Gruner from the Thackray Museum talking about ‘financial paramedics’ for our museums in this tough economic climate
· Steph Mastoris from the National Waterfront Museum on how to ‘ride the snake’ and stand up for our threatened museums
· Mike Benson, the ‘unconventional’, Museum Director with the inspirational tale of how he has rejuvenated the previously ailing Ryedale Folk Museum
· Jane Findlay from the London Transport Museum on how to engage with our local communities using the cheap but effective method of social networking
· Rachel Madan from Greener Museums explaining how even a small environmental budget can help your museum do its bit for the planet
· A tour around the recently redeveloped and highly acclaimed Herbert Art Gallery & Museum
Whatever the size of your museum, and whatever the challenges you face, we are confident that there will be something to inspire, encourage and reassure you at this conference.
Booking forms will be available from Joe Carr, SHCG Treasurer, Joe.Carr@brent.gov.uk
More information will follow shortly, so watch this space.