Book now for SHCG Conference 2015
A Toast to the Future! New Ways of Engaging
Joseph Wright Inspired Gallery at the Museum & Art Gallery, Derby and Millennium Gallery, Sheffield Museums.
Thursday 18th and Friday 19th June 2015.
- Keynotes from Dr David Fleming and Kim Streets
- Doctor Who and Me: 50 Years of Doctor Who Fans - Michael Terwey from the National Media Museum will discuss how a single temporary exhibition engaged both a fan and a general audience.
- 125 years of Port Sunlight - Katherine Lynch and Stuart Irwin from Port Sunlight Museum will explore the development of the concept of ‘the village as the museum’ and the residents as curators of their own properties.
- Mapping and Laughing: Discovering the Social History of 18th Century York - Elinor Camille-Wood and Dr Helen Williams from Laurence Sterne Trust and Northumbria University will discuss partnership working and new ways of engaging.
- Rumaging and the creative potential of not knowing - Alexandra Woodall from University of Leicester will lead an interactive session around the Millennium Gallery.
For the full conference programme and for details of how to book (including how to apply for a free place), please visit our conference page here