SHCG provides members with a professional support network, access to a community of like-minded sector colleagues, practical training, advice, ideas, and inspiration.
Benefits of membership include:
- Membership of the JISCMail list, where you can seek advice, share opportunities, provide peer to peer support and much more.
- Access to the print and digital copies of the annual Journal and biannual News.
- Access to First Base, object loan boxes and resources
- The opportunity for first-time attendees to join conference and events for free, and/or discounts on conference and event attendance
- Opportunities to contribute to SHCG and the social history sector including serving as a Trustee on the SHCG board and joining the First Base committee.
You can join as an individual or as an institution. Please download and complete the appropriate membership form (see below). There are guidance notes on both forms to help you identify which type of membership is most appropriate for you.
NEW: We are offering 10 free digital memberships to those negatively impacted by Covid. If you have faced unemployment, illness, reduced hours, an extended period on furlough, or are just in doubt about your future in the sector, and want to stay engaged and connect to others in the SHCG please apply on the individual membership form below. Please state in your email to the Membership Secretary that you are applying for a hardship membership.
Please note that payment for UK members is by BACS only. We no longer accept cheques as of 1st September 2020. Payment by PayPal is accepted for international members.
The membership forms can also be used to renew your membership if needed. Please mark the form “renewal”.
If applying for student membership, please include a photocopy of your student ID.
If you have any questions or queries, please contact the Membership Secretary.