Events & Events Archive
Beyond the Hashtag: Social History taking on the Social Network
Monday 23rd November, 2015
Discovery Centre, Carlisle Road, Leeds LS10 1LB
This creative and practical day will encourage you to think about using your collections online in new ways. Our panel of experts will invigorate how you currently use social media and introduce you to some handy hints and tips to transform how you can engage with your audiences online.
A range of different case studies will set the scene, providing insights into projects that have cleverly harnessed the power of social media to engage audiences with collections.
Our experts on the day include:
- Liz Chadwick and Kitty Ross - Leeds Museums and Galleries
- Adrian Murphy - Horniman Museum and Gardens
- Helen Farrar - Bradford College Textile Archive
- Sarah C Jane - Falmouth University & University of Exeter’s Penryn Campus
To get the most from the day, we encourage participants to bring along a social media idea you would like help to develop for your own organisation. Working with our experts and other delegates you will get the opportunity to explore, discuss and develop creative and practical ways of turning your idea into reality.
By the end of the day participants will:
- Be inspired by a range of case studies
- Learn more about the range of social media platforms and their potential for use with collections.
- Have a practical plan on how to develop an aspect of their collections using social media
- Gain confidence in using collections on social media and online.
- Develop creative networks in which to exchange and develop new ideas.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
£30 SHCG Members
£40 Non SHCG members
BOOK ONLINE on our Eventbrite page
Bookings Close: Friday November 13, 5pm
If you require an invoice or remittance, please contact SHCG Treasurer Jen Kavanagh: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attend 'Beyond the Hashtag' Seminar for FREE - This offer is open to any SHCG member either personal or institutional, who has not attended an SHCG Seminar before. This includes volunteers, students, trustees, and people working in related fields. Find out more
Interested in becoming a member? Visit our membership page for more details